Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Kyle's First Post

Kyle Reports Post: Desert Trip

Question and Answers: I wrote the questions for Kyle with the goal of guiding him into writing a paragraph. We didn't get to the paragraph stage and will build to that in the future.

Grammar and Spelling: Kyle used the spell checker to help him with his spelling. It resulted in one mistake. He wrote "snack" for "snake." He also didn't understand why "smores" was registering as a misspelled word.

Video: I added a video to the entry. I watched a few segments of CNN with Kyle and had him listen to how they reporter talked. I asked him to try to talk like the reporter when adding his voice to the video.

Comments: Kyle was excited to read the comments. I told him that he was responsible for answering questions in the comments. He answered the first question fine, but minimally. I explained the need for him to give answers with explanations so that he could be understood better.

No comments: