Saturday, April 5, 2008

Motivation to Post

I have gotten Kyle to make a few more post. I am giving him more freedom and more structure at the same time. For his most recent post (Al Ain Air Show), I set up a template that fits three to four pictures. I allow him to choose what he wants to write about and what pictures should be included. This might make for an illogical (in my mind) sequence at times, but giving him the choice motivates him more. We have done enough and have enough pictures for him to find something he wants to talk about and share. The structure of the pictures and the template gives him a clear goal, while choosing his own content helps to motivate him. So far I have been able to keep the content contained to "educational" topics, but I am sure the day is coming when he is going to ask to write about High School Musical or the latest pop craze. So far so good. I did promise him I would get him his own url if he continues to blog. This is another carrot, since he likes the idea of telling his friends about his website.

No comments: